Posts tagged ‘major’


A person who has attained the age of 18 years of age needs to follow the following procedure for change his name:-
1. The Person has to advertise his change of name in one of the daily local leading newspapers.
2. Person has to prepare an affidavit sworn before a First class Magistrate/ Notary/ Oath Commissioner showing details of father’s name/husband’s name along with residential address.
3. A printing matter needs to be prepared in the form of a specimen provided by the Department of Publication of the Central Government.
4. The news paper publication (in Original), the Affidavit in Original, two Passport size photographs and the printing matter in original, along with applicable fee should be sent to the controller of publication, the department of publication, civil lines, Delhi-54, for publication in Official gazette of India, Part IV.